Tuesday, May 22, 2007

From The Paper Princess

I have loved this bakers twine ever since I saw it on a post a long time ago, I can't remember where.
Then it started showing up on etsy and I had to buy some!

I got a big roll from The Paper Princess.
In brown and white, but she has blue, red and I think green. I might get blue next.
She also has the cutest postcards and gift enclosures that I might buy too!

I use some twine to tie up packages but since the postal rates have gone up I stopped wrapping things in pretty paper and twine to help off set the cost of packaging. :( This makes me sad.

I calculated to the penny what shipping costs are, even scotch tape, because I was forever running out and people don't like it when you try to hold together packages with spit.

I still don't charge for time which is stupid because evenings used to be creating time, now I run back and forth between the computer and my packaging area in the evenings, confirming addresses, thanking people, double checking orders with user names and paypal accounts, babysitting the printer, and taping things.

Not quite as inspiring.

Anyway, I have a few more purchases to share with you so I'll post those through out the week.

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what else you have to show us! It may not be as inspiring to do these mundane necessities, but it just shows how successful you are, that people love your work, and that you are quite an ingenious and gifted mommy and businesswoman. Your kids are getting a good idea of what it takes to be successful and you're setting a great example. The little things add up to one big success, and your little things are great! Even your kids! :) Best of luck to your mundane chores. Do them with a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very nice twine! I can't wait to see the other goodies you have gotten. I love it when people do Etsy show and tells! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still here! LOL! Thanks for looking for me.

    I think the twine adds a nice touch to your packaging. I know it's not so fun doing all the packaging and mailing, but I'm sure it's a wonderful feeling to be so busy selling things you make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am holding that image of you packing and checking and thanking in my mind for those times I sit around and wish I was selling more. Am I really ready to be selling more? Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what - thank you everyone!

    This was a good attitude adjustment to read your comments!

    I am very grateful for my sales, and when it's slow, I'll have plenty of time to create new things!

    Yes, Steph! I was totally unprepared for the reality of following through with sales. I had to learn really fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog, it means a lot to me.
Shannon