Friday, October 19, 2012

A Ride of Awakening

Hesitating, terror gripped her in mental images of wrecked metal and scraped skin.
But she slung her leg up over the seat anyway and gripped his waist tight.
The rumble of the motor vibrated beneath her thighs and then there was no more time for fear, 
they were off, seemingly lifted into the air.
Wind stung her face and she tucked her chin into his leather covered back, squeezing harder to still the shaking.
The road to the side of his shoulder became a blur, trees sped past and colored lights turned to ribbon-ed streams against the indigo sky.

Something broke through fear.
Something lifted inside her.
Exhilaration. 
Freedom.
Fear conquered.

Awaken Pendant by Maire Dodd

 Now I'm not saying I'm going to turn into a biker chic, but Dang!
That was fun!

18 comments:

  1. That is beautiful Miss Shannon! I love the creative writing. And the pendant from Miss Maire is so lovely. Thank you for sharing. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post. I'm right there with ya !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, quite the description of a motorcycle ride! Writing could be your new "hobby", in case you have the time!! Love what you did with the pendant, nice combination with the chain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Biker chics are cool,...I can see you in a pair of black boots girl!! (Way cool necklace, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had fun!!! Love the pendant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome entry for this piece-I thought I was reading an intro to a new book. ; ) Thanks for the laugh at the end too! (I am a 'biker chic' at heart! ) Love Mary Jane's pendant-beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pendant...and the prose is wonderful. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pendant, and I love the prose. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang is right! Makes me want to buy myself a bike! (and some leather!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. S-it is so good that such a piece or gift can awaken a story within - a new direction, a new challenge, a new possibility - awaken. B

    ReplyDelete
  11. The things you make are pure magic:) and very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. do you still have the tutorial for the sari wire and bead bangles that are so beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  13. My friend, Nina, who got your necklace for her birthday, was delighted. She said she found it really, really beautiful. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. for the moment I thought it's something sexier than a motorbike ride *I wish* I love the way you write, found you through craftcount and definitely love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. More more! That was wonderful! I wonder what happened next? hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog, it means a lot to me.
Shannon