Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Dedicated to MsBelle and her young man.

Kindergarten Wonder
by Wendy Silva

I wonder what you are doing right now.
and if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person,
a nice friend you can find.

I wonder if the teacher knows just
how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your heart
is something she can see.

I wonder if you are thinking about me
and if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
and how you give my leg a tug.

I wonder if you could possibly understand
how hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks,
for this is the first step in
letting my baby go.

MsBelle, I cried when my Boo went to kindergarten. I had to write a lot of my thoughts down because I didn't know what to do with the overwhelming and confusing feelings I had.

I think the weirdest thing was when I went to eat an apple and found myself with a bowl of peeled slices sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, looking bewildered at an empty table, waiting for my "Your the best Mom, Mom" reward I would get everytime I fixed a bowl for my son.

My thoughts are with you, my dear, strong, friend.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Shannon. You made me cry. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have touched me deeply.

    He is growing up, you're right. I see it too, every day. When I look at him he's taller, leaner, more handsome and a little smarter than the day before. He's no longer my baby. He's a little man. I will miss my baby so. I'll just miss him so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie! Thank you for signing my blog, and such a lovely comment too!!! I am so pleased to meet you, as I have seen your beautiful work on Etsy, it stands out from the rest because it is of such a high quality. Your blog is swwet and your art is fab!!! xoxox Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that is just lovely Shannon, thank you for sharing it with us! xoxo Carol P.S. I have admired your work on Etsy before I ever knew you!!! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog, it means a lot to me.
Shannon