Thursday, September 6, 2007

Powdered Sugar Pinky




Yep, right behind me. While I was on the computer. She works so fast. I've said that before, I know, it just never ceases to amaze me. I'm still finding smudges around the house a week later.

So Pinky is in preschool. She loves it. Doesn't want to be off for the weekend. This gives Rex and I about 2 & 1/2 hours for one on one learning. Which he loves.
I'll try to post more about that later. What we've covered in 3 short weeks is mind-boggling!

So I have been busy! Sales were slow when I got back from Florida and I just kind of accepted it.
Then as I was going back through the time machine I started to notice that directly after my listing would be an immediate posting of another pendant maker and her sales were increasing by the day.
Well, this set off my normally buried competitive side and I focused on listing and watching to see when she would list, then I would list right after again. This worked until I got tired and realized I wasn't having any fun. Sales were good again and that made me realize that so many sellers do not realize that that is the only obstacle to selling on etsy. Visibility.
Unless, of course, you have a customer base that seeks you out. Which I don't.

Anyway, the increased visibility got me slammed with custom orders, including one for 50 ring cabochons. That one did me in, my hands started cramping after buffing only a few at a time and I started to think if I kept this up I would lose the use of my hands by the age of 40!

So I told myself that I should slow down a bit.
Then Lily from London contacted me about a very large order. Like approx. 150 pendants and rings.
This is an order that will help my family at a very difficult time, financially. And if they sell well, then it should mean future business. How can anyone say no?

So that's what I've been trying to accomplish, only Pinky's gotten sick, given it to me and I now have an ear infection. I'm still trying for my original Sat. deadline but I make more mistakes when I'm tired and not feeling well, so I may not finish until Monday.
I hate being late.

I've read blogging should be like brushing your teeth, you just do it everyday, habitually.
Well, I have trouble getting normal grooming done each day, so this doesn't help me. lol!
I have missed everyone's blog though and look forward to catching up with the lives of my friends!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you!! Your work is the bomb. BTW, I've tagged you for the middle name game. Don't ask. You'll have to look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    Oh, being busy around the clock!.... I really feel you.
    But Pinky has taken the obligation to give you small beaks from routine :)
    I discovered T. paying with Viss - scrubbing detergent - on our sofa! I did n`t hear him, I just smelled it in the air - you know, it smells pretty strong! I was only happy, he did n`t taste it! I did put all this cleaning stuff away.

    BUT I`m so happy to see you back! No matter how short your post`s are, they make me happy!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's wonderful! There are lots of good reasons to take a break from blogging, I think. And we are all excited to see you back!
    Pinky's speed is impressive.
    Whenever I muse about home schooling (which never lasts long because Thing One looooves public school) the part that appeals to me the most is the thought of how much we could accomplish in a much shorter amount of time than her school day now. Leaving so much more time for her creative play, exercise and fun!

    I am really excited for you about the bulk orders, because as much as they are difficult to fill, I am sure they will lead to more wholesale business for you, which is really great - one big box off to the post office instead of 150 separate little boxes - yay! efficiency!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's great! You know you're the best so I wouldn't worry about the other pendant maker. I haven't seen anyone that compares to you. Your style is unmistakable.

    That Pinky. She's a catbird.

    Kevin has been enjoying school but I still think he's bored. Lord help him because I don't think I could home school him and he needs the interaction with other kids. What do you do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog, it means a lot to me.
Shannon