Saturday, March 13, 2010

I am in Love with Laura B. Cooper

(all photos by Laura B. Cooper)
Look at what she has achieved with hand built ceramics.
Someday there will come a time when I can invest in art. Large painted canvases and sculptural ceramics are at the top of my list. 


But Laura's work is surprisingly affordable.
If I sold 5 sets of forged links, replaced the stock, set aside the percentage for advertising, paid my astronomical etsy fees and saved 10%, I could afford this;

I want to hold it. Run my fingers over its heavily textured handle and pretend it is from a time long, long ago when a poor but handsome Japanese farm boy poured me tea as I traveled through his land.

6 comments:

  1. oh these are wonderful... and i can see why you want to own a piece - i do too! i love the rough heft of some ceramics - it's like you can still feel the hands of the creator on them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes! Poor but handsome Japanese farm boys.... too funny!

    Laura's work is wonderful! She's in my favs now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it soooo amazing when you find a piece of art that truly talks to you!!?? When the spirit of the piece and your soul seem to blend together seamlessly!!

    Little Pam, I hope that you have regained your equilibrium. Now be proud that you handled a very negative situation in a very positive way!!! Way to Go Kiddo!!! Now pat yourself on the back leave it in the past and stride through the present with your head held high ;)

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you wanna know something adorable? That's the itchy finger feeling I get when I look at your stuff. :)

    I harbour a secret desire to do ceramics. When I have a backyard again I'm going to take up pit-fired raku.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary - I could sit and stare at these for hours, every little scratch is fascinating.

    Nancy - Do you like that raw clay look? I am glad I could introduce another ceramic artist to you!

    Pattie - I feel the same way, it spoke to my soul! Thank you for your encouraging words.

    Penny! I want to do raku too! I have a post coming up about raku beads, I am determined to get some soon I just can't decide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A girl after my own heart, anything with texture. By the way I love your aged resin pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog, it means a lot to me.
Shannon