Let me explain.
2 weeks ago, dh came home with the flu, one of the 30 flu viruses out there, I hear.
His flu is like a really bad head cold, because he's so tough. But even this one put him, exemplar of pure manhood that he is, out for 5 days.
Now the kids have it. They are on day 6, Boo seems okay although he woke up at 3:00am with a fever. Please God, let him go to the Valentine's Class Party.
Pinky has it really bad.
You Mama's know... 103 temperature, constant snot, a racking cough that sounds like they have been smoking for 20 years, projectile vomiting, diarrhea and lethargic behavior.
The worst feeling in the world is to see your child in such a state and not be able to do a darn thing for them.
Anyway, I, whom has never bought anything from a t.v. infomercial, was convinced by Pinkerton, the little pathetic sickie that she is, that the Pancake Puff Pan was something we absolutely could not live without.
It's awesome. I can't tell you how much I love it.
Because it is so much fun (who can resist watching things magically puff into edible balls?)
you can get away with making things that have wheat germ and even broccoli puffed up inside them.
I think 80% of our meals will be served inside some type of batter now. (The other 20% will still consist of food from cans or frozen bags.)
I would definitely recommend a flavor filler thingy, as we would like to fill them with gooey stuff and find this next to impossible to do quickly and easily with cake decorating bags.
We have made pink cake puffs, donuts, corncakes, hush puppies and muffin balls. I would like to get a good blend of soy flour to cut down on the calories, but haven't done so yet.
Here is a link if you would like your own Pancake Puff Pan.
Lovely new things added to the store. I am starting to hammer stuff and hope to build up a good choice of stock for those who like rustic, antiqued metals.
On another subject, our laptop was in repairs for a month, which made me cave and admit to dh that he did a good thing by charging a laptop to the uncomfortably bulging Best Buy card, because I could barely get by without it, but they had to replace the hard drive which lost hundreds of bookmarks, my spell checker and my dictionary. So now I will be revealed for the illiterate, dyslexic, ignorant hick that I am.