Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Blessings Post No.1

I am taking the advise of one of my new wise women friends and creating a blessings journal.
Too much bad stuff has happened in a short period of time and I am fighting to remain positive, peaceful and helpful to my fellow mankind.
While I still enjoy the printed word, I am also seeing new life through the camera so I would like to share a blessing I have with you.
She turns darkness to light.


She bubbles up with excitement over things like walking the neighbors dog, getting her hands dirty, going for rides, straight legs in a cartwheel.


She adds color to my real life.


 
One of the most amazing things about her is how she thinks about other people. You saw her birthday video? How she turns the conversation to me? She does that with everyone and with everything. 
She did that here with the Fu Fu sign she painted on my work bench. She knows it's my favorite tree (a mimosa tree with the fuzzy pink fraggle rock lookin flowers?). 

She wants to get to know her neighbors "so we can check on them and see they're alright".
She seems born with that sense of community most people need to be reminded of.


I feel she was sent to me to balance my reclusiveness. 
Some people draw their energy from others, just like her daddy, and they can't be kept from what they receive as extroverts. 
As her mama, I have the keys and (sometimes) the cash to get her there and a chauffeuring sponsor is a role I will gladly embrace to help her fulfill all her dreams. 


I love you, Little Blessing.

7 comments:

  1. It all goes by so fast - enjoy your blessing while she is still your little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I let her read this post and she says;

    "Awwww, Mama, you're a blessing too." She waits a couple beats....
    "What did people comment?"

    I was laughing so hard!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you have this glorious blessing in your life! She is truly an angel! BTW - Mimosa trees are my favorite too! A little touch of whimsy in our world is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinky sounds like a blessing indeed. What a wonderful sweetheart she is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog, it means a lot to me.
Shannon